The Cost Analyst develops internal and external partnerships, manages month end activities, leverages assets to maximize performance and minimize waste, identifies risks and opportunities in product movement, builds an understanding of the impact of product mix and new products, and reports key performance metrics. The Cost Analyst constructs and monitors efficient data accumulation systems to provide an appropriate level of costing support for the plant and business owners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conducts day-to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas, and safeguards data accuracy.
· Improves performance through process efficiencies and value added enhancements
· Compiles current and past trends using key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
· Prepares monthly consolidation of executive financial package and supports business partner in root cause analysis and solutions into plant variances and partners with operational staff in order to prepare and execute programs to eliminate negative variances
· Completes monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
· Constructs and maintains data accumulation systems for an accurate cost accounting system, by SKU, by variable and fixed components
· Develops and monitors existing performance indicators, tracks expenses and revenues vs. budget and reforecast and analyzes fluctuations
· Produces a full monthly reconciliation which ensures that the P&L and Balance Sheet maintains a high degree of accuracy
· Coordinates the input and distribution of Dashboard report(s) including financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits
· Reviews and analyzes inventory and margin reports, conducts research and performs ad-hoc analyses
- A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences or vacancies; refer to Rembrandt Foods site-specific facility back-up matrix on file.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS/BA major in Accounting or Finance
- 1-5 years’ experience in an accounting, finance and/or operations environment
- Working understanding of operations and value impact of vertical integration
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Advanced experience with Excel, Access and other Microsoft applications including financial modeling
- Mathematical Skills: General Arithmetic/Basic Algebra/Percentages/Fractions/Statistics
- Superior attention to detail and a high need for accuracy
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions – excellent analysis skills
- Must organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and projects and function effectively as a team member
- Independent Self-Starter with ability to collaborate in multi-department team environment
- Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior Leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; capable of presenting financial information in an easy-to-understand format
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- Occasional travel to other facilities may be required.
- CPA and/or MBA
- Experience in manufacturing industry
- Experienced in more than one finance function
· Office equipment-phones, fax, copier, printers, keyboard, ten-key
· Experience in computer based accounting systems
- Follows all Safety, Bio-Security, Environmental, and Animal Welfare Procedures
- Ensures compliance with and follows all OSHA and REI safety regulations and procedures
- Ensures that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-workers’ rights
- Ensures a safe and clean work environment
- Maintains confidentiality
- Adheres to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
· Takes appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
· Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
· Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits
Performs other tasks as assignedhttps://rembrandtfoods.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=255