Director of Physical Plant
The Director of Physical Plant is responsible for supervising facilities, security, custodial, maintenance, and grounds services; serving as the liaison between Crowder College and the Neosho Police Department for contracted services; and maintaining working relationships with area law enforcement agencies, emergency management and safety organizations. The Director oversees fleet maintenance; procurement of goods, services, and contract labor for physical plant; participates in facility and capital project planning, and the operation of the FEMA shelter on the Neosho campus. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and is a 12 month, full-time position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, leadership, facilities, construction management or related field required.
- Three years related work experience and two years supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of general maintenance and grounds procedures and safety equipment.
- Knowledge of current law enforcement issues, theory, and practice; health and safety regulations; and relevant local, state and federal laws.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to recognize and assign projects to staff and student workers with efficient utilization of personnel.
- Ability to work any shift and respond to emergency calls as required.
- Able to work cooperatively and communicate with college employees, vendors, students, and the general public.