Educational Technology Specialist
Educational Technology Specialist, Crowder College. The Educational Technology Specialist (ETS) is responsible for providing training and support on learning management systems and other college software. The ETS works with Academic Affairs to coordinate course evaluations; provides user support for learning management systems to faculty, staff, and students; and provides training and support of technology teaching tools, including assisting with modifying teaching methods and curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited college or university in MIS, CIS, Educational Technology, Teacher Education or related field.
- Technical knowledge in the fields of computer science, computer education, and the broad range of technologies used in higher education environments.
- Knowledge of teaching and learning theory as they relate to the roles of technology in content and pedagogy.
- Ability to analyze information needs and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Ability to concentrate on assigned tasks and pay close attention to details.
- Experience in educational technology such as software programs and presentation technology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with computer and information users.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other professionals, staff, students, and the public.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of instructional technology.
- Substantial experience in working with students and educators in the instructional technology field.