The Neosho School Disrict will be taking applications for a Maintenance/Groundskeeper. Apply online at www.neoshosd.org.
The Maintenance/Groundskeeper will be expected to perform work that is described as consisting of moderate to heavy physical activities. This will include tasks related to but not limited to carpentry work, mowing and weed eating district property, landscaping, trimming, pruning, painting, moving district equipment for programs and or activities, building/property security and personal safety.
The Maintenance/Groundskeeper is a district support staff employee and will be expected to perform work duties throughout the school district as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum of 2 years maintenance experience.
- Proper and safe operation of machinery, power tools and hand tools.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including moving furniture and equipment, lifting items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain district property, keep all district property well groomed and always maintain a good appearance.
- Read, understand and apply written instructions including work procedures, product labels, material safety data sheets, and equipment instruction manuals.
- Understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Follow safety procedures; identify and report safety hazards.
- Establish and maintain effective, efficient working relations with co-workers and members of the public; act in a courteous and effective manner when interacting with the public, staff and students.
- Work efficiently with limited direct supervision.
- Shovel, scrape, sweep and remove snow and ice from sidewalks.
- Wash off or paint over graffiti.
- Move and arrange office equipment and furniture; set-up and tear down furniture and equipment for all events of the district.
- Keep storage areas, equipment, and machinery clean, safe and in good working order.
- Check security of facility; report any vandalism, illegal entry, or fire hazards; maintain security and ensure user compliance with facility policies and procedures.
- Carpentry work - Make minor repairs to the building interior or exterior including fixtures, furniture and equipment.
- Report all safety hazards immediately to Building Principal or Assistant Superintendent of Operations.
- Report any significant repairs needed to the Building Principal or Assistant Superintendent of Operations.
- Use chemical cleaning materials as required; follow label directions and use proper procedures.
- Maintain and upkeep school grounds; weed-eat, mowing, trimming trees and shrubs, rake playground wood chips and inspect playground equipment for potential safety problems.
- Police exterior of the building for trash and debris to be placed in the dumpster.