SIGN ON BONUS!!!!
2 immediate openings 1 Day Shift, 1 Night Shift
Pay Range: $12-$14.50/hr DOE + $1 night shift differiential
Controls and monitors pasteurization equipment for processing liquid egg product: Connects pipes between holding tanks and processing equipment and assembles equipment parts, such as fittings and valves, using wrench. Turns controls to set timer for pumping cycle, fills out processing records, and adjusts temperature controls to bring temperatures to specified level. Tests flow rates. Manipulate valves to transfer product between silos and equipment. Monitors product flow and adjusts controls to maintain temperature and pressure at specified levels. Sample and test products for solids and pH. Operate blending equipment within regulatory guidelines to ensure quality control compliance of finished product. Maintain sanitation and cleanliness of equipment and environmental surfaces. Maintain documentation for Food Safety and product tracking. Collects samples, monitors equipment, and performs basic maintenance. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally during the course of the day. Trouble-shoots, responds to situations and is pro-active. A trained designee will be appointed by plant management to cover for absences or vacancies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control and monitor pasteurizing equipment.
- Control and monitor egg products.
- Connect and assemble pipes between holding tanks and processing equipment
- Blend egg product.
- Operate HTST/UHT pasteurizer.
- Sanitize equipment and environmental surfaces; cleaning of tanks and lines
- Document food safety, Record keeping and reporting
- Documentation of Quality Control and prevent losses and perform other related activities
- Collect samples
- Monitor and maintain equipment
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Awareness and knowledge of surroundings in relation to climate, atmosphere and equipment
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- Ability to work in high elevations
- Attention to detail
- Hand/Eye Coordination
- Independent Self Starter/Team Player
- Moderate English: Speaking, writing and reading for job and safety issues
- Mathematical Skills: General Arithmetic/Basic algebra/Percentages/Fractions
- Basic Computer Skills: Touch screens
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve
- Understanding of SQF
- Ability to lift 50 lbs at a time
- Able to perform basic maintenance functions
- Ability to operate pallet jacks
- Fine Motor Skills
- Bilingual Skills: Spanish
- Company issued Safety and GMP PPEs and apparel
- Hand tools/High pressure wand, sanitation tools and pallet jacks