Are you a leader? Are you highly Customer Service oriented? A dependable and energetic individual interested in servicing the members and clientele of Newton County Farm Bureau? The position is 30 hours per week and benefit eligible. An ideal candidate has a high school diploma, customer service experience and a minimum of one year of general office experience. Must have strong communication, clerical and computer skills; and the ability to work independently. Must be organized, courteous, professional, self-motivated, a team player, efficient and ambitious. Fluent in both English and Spanish a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and works office hours as established by the supervisor.
- Assists customers in person and over the phone.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Schedules appointments for the agent(s) as needed.
- Compiles and maintains accurate and up-to-date client folders, county board files, insurance files, lists and other records.
- Mails newsletters, promotional materials and other information.
- Receives, receipts, balances and electronically or manually transmits monies daily according to established procedures, maintaining thorough and accurate records.
- Obtains and inputs information for insurance quotes as authorized by supervisor.
- Contacts potential customers and inquires about type and expiration dates for current insurance coverage as requested by supervisor.
- Types/processes various correspondence, forms and reports.
- Processes insurance policy endorsements and obtains and maintains appropriate documentation and signatures as dictated by company rules and insurance regulations.
- Provides general assistance to the Regional Sales Manager and Regional Coordinator as requested.
- Assists county board with board meetings and county Farm Bureau functions, membership drives, projects and activities.
- Maintains a good knowledge of and promotes Farm Bureau’s programs, services and member benefits.
- Attends required meetings and training sessions.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and orderly office.
- Provides excellent customer service to all external and internal customers and maintains a good working relationship with field and Home Office personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time- 30 hours a week $9.50 an hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)